Registered Charity No
Twins Trust is the only UK-wide charity dedicated to improving the lives of thousands of families with twins, triplets or higher multiples.
Having children is an amazing experience but it is incredibly hard work. The families we support face double or triple the work - the challenges of feeding more than one baby, double the nappies, double the clothes, double the lack of sleep, double the time taken just to get out the front door......
But they also face more specific problems:
Mums expecting twins or more are at a far higher risk of developing complications during pregnancy
Their babies have almost a 50:50 chance of spending time in a special care baby unit
Twins are 4 times more likely to die during pregnancy compared to a single baby
Parents of multiples are more likely to suffer financial strain and separate or divorce
Mums have twice the risk of developing Post Natal Depression
To support these families Twins Trust provides:
- Antenatal and parenting classes
- A confidential, free-phone helpline
- An on-line social networking community and a national network of twins clubs
- Specialist support groups including the Bereavement Support Group, Single Parent Support Group, Special Needs Support Group and the Super Twin Support Group for families with triplets or more.
- We also undertake research and campaigning to help improve the lives of families with twins, triplets or more.
- Information booklets and factsheets
Playing the Twins Trust Lottery will help us continue to provide this vital support. Thank you.