Registered Charity No
Set up in 1922, Open Sight is a well-established independent local charity, (that receives no government or statutory funding) and makes a difference to the lives of parents, children and adults diagnosed with blindness and a range of sight loss conditions. The charity raises funds to contribute to awareness, prevention, diagnosis, as well as offering emotional and practical support by providing high quality information, advice and specialised equipment, including a unique, free home-based tailored service. Open Sight’s ultimate vision is to ensure we provide the absolute best care for people with visual impairment throughout Hampshire, to make a visible difference so they can lead independent lives throughout their visual impairment journey and for Open Sight Hampshire to continue to be a ‘Charity of Excellence’ for the visually impaired in the County.
Last year we:
• Supported over 550 children and young adults.
• Supported over 3,000 people diagnosed with sight loss/visual impairment.
• Responded to over 1,500 people and their relatives with information and advice.
• Continued to make free visits to offer Low Vision Assessments, Assisted Technology and Benefits Advice to 720 households diagnosed with visual impairment.
• Supported 15 Social Clubs : 10 Information Hubs : 6 Working Age Groups (WAGS) : 1 Early Years Group
Due to the dedication and enthusiasm of all who are involved with our charity, Open Sight Hampshire is incredibly proud of our achievements and of the positive impact Open Sight Hampshire has had and will continue to have on the many thousands of children and adults diagnosed and living with sight loss/visual impairment throughout Hampshire.