HospiceCare has been established since 1995 and is the main provider of free Palliative care in North Northumberland. We offer care and support to people living with life-limiting illnesses such as: Cancer, Heart Disease, Lung Disease, Parkinson's Disease, Motor Neurone Disease and Advanced Dementia.
We also support their families and carers and all those who are important to them. Hospice at Home was founded in 2009, HospiceCare is not about the building, but more about the way we provide and deliver your care and support.
HospiceCare is all about dignity, comfort and quality of life, whilst respecting your wishes and if your wish is to be cared for at home, then we aim to look after you and your family in a way which is meaningful and most important to you.
12 Facts About HospiceCare
• HospiceCare, founded in 1995, is an independent palliative care charity and is the most northerly Hospice in England.
• We have two Wellbing Centres in Alnwick and Berwick.
• We serve a community of around 63,000 in one of the most sparsely populated rural areas in England.
• This year our running costs will be around £750,000 and we will receive just £40,000 from the NHS, the rest we have to raise from donations, fundraising and legacies.
• Our team of around 200 volunteers, which includes our Board of Trustees, saves us over £300,000 per year in the time they donate.
• We provide support to patients, their families and carers
• Our Hospice at Home service helps provide short term respite for patients and their families together, with expert end of life care at home.
• Our Family Support Service is available to all, regardless of whether there has been previous contact with the Hospice.
• We have appointed the very first Admiral Nurse for North Northumberland.
• We are delivering our Dementia at End of Life education programme to 18 Care Homes in North Northumberland.
• We are a truly LOCAL charity providing a unique and invaluable service to your LOCAL community.
• ALL OUR SERVICES CAN BE ACCESSED VIA SELF REFERRAL