Registered Charity No
FAB is a registered charity who are commissioned to support breastfeeding, often in areas of high deprivation with low breastfeeding rates within the UK. We are currently working in Wakefield district, across Lancashire and the Dorset, Bournemouth and Poole areas.
Mission & Aims…….
• We believe in the power of mums supporting other mums and this will always be at the heart of our service.
• We want to enable mums to access evidenced based peer support training and to work alongside Health Professionals to provide the breastfeeding support that families and babies need.
• We wish to provide evidenced based information enabling families to make informed infant feeding choices; ensuring effective support is available.
Our vision is to protect, promote and support breastfeeding; through a peer support service run by mums for mums.
We do this by……..
• Recruiting local mums to become paid or volunteer peer supporters to support other mums with breastfeeding offering true peer to per support
• Providing accredited breastfeeding peer support training and support to make sure all our peers are confident within their roles
• Working closely with Health Professionals to ensure evidenced based information is given