Burgess Autistic Trust
Sign up today
Simply follow the link to "Sign up with Direct Debit" and you can complete this online. Alternatively, you can call our hotline on 0370 050 9240 for help joining the lottery.
About your Good Cause
Burgess Autistic Trust is your local expert in Autistic Spectrum Condition (ASC). We provide practical and emotional support to both people with the condition and their carers and families. We cover South East London and our purpose is to unlock potential, improve lives and widen horizons, one notch at a time.
Burgess Autistic Trust was set up by Janet and Bill Burgess, who themselves were parents of an autistic child, in order to raise awareness of the condition and to give advice and support to those in a similar position. 30 years on, we have grown in experience and expanded our range of services offered.
Some of the ways in which we help include:
- Diagnosis. We offer advice to those seeking a diagnosis and support and guidance after the diagnosis.
- Goals. Develop short and long-term goals to help improve quality of life.
- Social. We hold social groups and activities to help share experiences and gain mutual support.
- Training. We cover specific issues such as anxiety management and parent and family training.
- Practical. We offer practical advice to those with an ASC, including budgeting, benefits, employment, education, health and housing.
- Information. We have one of the largest autism libraries in the UK.
“Overall, my life has improved dramatically since I came into contact with Burgess Autistic Trust as I can now socialise with people my own age and have genuine friendships - something which I'd previously been unable to imagine.” - Henry
The promoter of this Unity Lottery is Burgess Autistic Trust 164A Lee High Road Lewisham SE13 5PL
Registered with London Borough of Lewisham
Registration Number LEW/SSL/118