Bobath Children's Therapy Centre
Sign up today
Looking to pay by card? We are temporarily not taking card payments online for Unity subscriptions. While we will offer this facility online again soon, we would like to encourage supporters to join online via Direct Debit.
Simply follow the link to "Sign up with Direct Debit" and you can complete this online. Alternatively, you can call our hotline on 0870 050 9240 for help joining the lottery.
About your Good Cause
Bobath Children's Therapy Centre Wales provides specialist Bobath therapy to children in Wales who have cerebral palsy. Bobath therapy consists of physiotherapy, occupational therapy and speech and language therapy. Children are referred to the centre by their consultant paediatrician and we accept children regardless of the severity of their disability.
Although the brain damage that occurs is permanent and there is no cure available, Bobath therapy makes a real and positive difference to the life of every child who has cerebral palsy. At Bobath we focus on the ability not the disability.
- Cerebral palsy is the number one disability in children in the world.
- Every six hours another child is born who will have cerebral palsy.
- The incidence of cerebral palsy is not declining largely due to the number of babies who survive being born prematurely.
- Any woman who is pregnant could have a child with cerebral palsy. You could have a child or grandchild with cerebral palsy.
- Cerebral palsy can affect movement, sensation, perception, cognition, communication and eating and drinking. In some children, all of their functions may be affected.
This year the Bobath Centre needs to raise over £1.300,000 to keep the Centre open and provide ongoing therapy to all children in Wales who need it.
"If our daughter hadn't received Bobath therapy I don't think she would be achieving or progressing as 'normally' as she is. The centre is a fantastic place and makes a remarkable difference that will last with the children forever."
Please support us. Thank you!
The promoter of this Unity Lottery is Gail Griffiths, Bobath Children's Therapy Centre Wales, 19 Park Road, Whitchurch, Cardiff, CF14 7BP
Registered with Cardiff County Council
Registration Number 0886