Sign up today
Simply follow the link to "Sign up with Direct Debit" and you can complete this online. Alternatively, you can call our hotline on 0370 050 9240 for help joining the lottery.
About your Good Cause
25% of all strokes, which cause the traumatic loss of a fully functioning body and mind, occur in children and adults under the age of 65. Stroke is especially devastating for younger people: disabled in an instant; often with young family to support; and relying on employment for income not a pension.
Different Strokes was founded in 1996 by working age stroke survivors in response to the woefully inadequate treatment, services and information they received in a world where the statutory and charity sectors seemed prepared for stroke only in older people.
So that younger stroke survivors make the best possible recovery both physically and psychologically it provides:
- A helpline staffed by volunteer younger stroke survivors
- Specialised exercise classes
- A website and presence on social networking sites
- Information packs covering, for example, benefits, mobility, sex after stroke and dealing with emotions.
- Guidance on Work After Stroke
- Children's packs for parents of childhood stroke survivors
- Newsletters reporting developments in treatment, benefits and services and containing survivors stories
- Advice for Carers
- Books for children whose parent has had a stroke
It is the only national user-led organisation for stroke in the UK.
The promoter of this Unity Lottery is Different Strokes, 9 Canon Harnett Court, Wolverton Mill, Milton Keynes, MK12 5NF
Registered with Milton Keynes Council
Registration Number 101109